The datterino tomato sauce is a passata obtained from small and juicy elongated cherry tomatoes.
Unlike the classic sauce, the datterino sauce is sweeter and needs few toppings.
Ingredients for 4 people to prepare cavatelli with tomato sauce datterini:
- 250 gr of semolina flour (durum wheat)
- 150 gr of water (hot)
- 8 gr of olive oil (extra virgin)
- A bottle of Datterino Scirocco Organic Sauce.
- Start to mix with a fork and in a container, the flour, the oil gradually adding the hot water.
- When the dough is compacted, continue working vigorously on a pastry board.
- Form a soft and compact dough, wrap it in the food film and let it rest at room temperature for about half an hour.
- Remove pieces of dough and form long, thin cylinders.
- Cut each piece of the bobbins about 1.5 cm and shape them with the crushed fingers and drag towards you to give the typical hollow shape in the middle.
As soon as they are ready, place the cavatelli on a cloth sprinkled with semolina flour and leave to dry for at least 2-3 hours. Bring salt water to a boil.
For the sauce:
- Brown a clove of garlic with two tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- When the garlic has become golden, pour the Datterino Scirocco Organic Sauce. Organic Sauce. and cook for 5 minutes.
Bring plenty of salted water to boil and cook the cavatelli, take them with a skimmer, shaking off the excess flour. Cook the pasta for about 7 minutes, but you should still taste it, as the actual cooking times may change depending on the thickness. Drain and toss with the tomato sauce prepared.
Your cavatelli pasta with cherry tomatoes are ready to be served.
For the less experienced who do not want to make pasta at home, we recommend trying the delicious bronze-drawn pasta Pasta integrale di Grani Antichi Siciliani.
Enjoy your meal!